Birth or Labor & Delivery Injury Lawyers
Bye, Goff and Rohde are Wisconsin Birth Injury Attorneys committed to helping new parents gain the financial compensation they deserve for their traumatic experience.
If your family has been devastated due to a preventable birthing injury, death or pregnancy complication, then it’s important to understand your legal options. The Wisconsin personal injury attorneys at Bye, Goff and Rohde can offer you our support and our legal services during this difficult time.
Some birthing injuries may have been preventable with adequate care from the medical professionals. If this is the case, then you have the legal right to file a lawsuit against those responsible for this tragedy.
A birthing injury can impact the rest of your child's and your family’s life. Your child may need constant care and may have trouble developing at a normal rate mentally and physically. Birthing injuries may include:
- Birth trauma causing cerebral, Erb’s or Klumpke’s palsy
- HELLP syndrome due to undiagnosed preeclampsia
- Inadequate fetal monitoring
- Brachia plexus injuries
Birthing injuries can also impact the mother and may include:
- C- section mistakes
- Failure to perform necessary surgery
- Negligent delivery of breech baby
- Failure to diagnose preeclampsia and other conditions
- Uterine or placenta ruptures
- Negligent use of forceps during complicated delivery
What Options Do New Parents Have?
As a new parent, you're already dealing with overwhelming expenses. If you are faced with a birthing injury you may also need to find the money to pay for things like:
- medical expenses and specialist visits
- future physical rehabilitation costs
- future specialized education needs
- home care requirements
- loss of income if you must remain at home to provide for the child or unable to work yourself
- emotional distress
You may be eligible for financial compensation for these damages and more. Contact a Wisconsin personal injury attorney today for a free consultation about any birthing related injury.