Wisconsin Insurance Dispute & Bad Faith Attorney
If you’ve been in an accident, insurance companies can add insult to injury.
Personal injury lawyers at Bye, Goff & Rohde will handle your insurance dispute.
If you’re injured in an accident, one thing is certain: you’ll be working with an insurance adjuster. Whether it’s your own, or another party’s insurer, insurance companies are looking to settle for the lowest possible amount. The desire to make a profit can get in the way of doing the right thing, leading insurance companies to low-ball your settlement or completely deny your claim.
The personal injury lawyers at Bye, Goff & Rohde have been handling insurance disputes and winning fair compensation for clients for over 40 years. We NEVER work for insurance companies.
Our lawyers know it’s more than frustrating when an insurance company acts in bad faith and denies your legitimate claim: it can be exhausting and demoralizing. When you’re injured, you should be worrying about getting better, not fighting with your insurer. At Bye, Goff & Rohde, our personal injury attorneys deal with your insurance company so you don’t have to.
When does an insurance company act in bad faith?
An insurance policy is a legally binding contract. If you pay your premiums and hold up your end of the bargain, the insurance company should be required to treat you fairly and honor their end of the agreement. Unfortunately, insurers often utilize tactics that are less than ethical to reduce settlements, including:
- Misrepresenting coverage details
- Claim you made “mistakes” on the original application, invalidating your policy.
- Inadequate investigations (investigations must be timely and thorough)
- Low-ball settlements or underpayment. Offering you unfair or unrealistic amounts in hopes you’ll give up.
- Stalling tactics: the insurance company will delay paying your claims to pressure you into accepting a low offer.
- Impossible conditions: requiring you to complete an unreasonable number of forms or secure impossible evidence.
- Failure to indemnify (to pay an outside claim)
- Other deceptive practices
If you’ve found yourself in any of the situations described above, our attorneys can help.
Involved in an insurance dispute? Call our personal injury lawyers.
At Bye, Goff & Rohde, we’re no stranger to the tactics insurance companies will use to minimize your claim. Insurers know that when you’re alone, you’re vulnerable: it’s easy to confuse and take advantage of you.
When you hire an experienced insurance dispute attorney, they’ll stop playing games.
You have a right to your insurance benefits. An attorney at Bye, Goff & Rohde can make sure you’re treated fairly and will deal your insurance company for you. Call today at 1.800.607.3030 or contact us for a free case evaluation.