Fourth of July Holiday Weekend Safety Tips
Posted on June 29, 2022 Dangerous Products (Product Liability),Fire Injury,Hazardous Materials,Personal Injury,You’re Injured, Now What?
Many of us plan to celebrate Independence Day with firework displays, backyard gatherings or perhaps fun at the beach. Take into consideration these tips to enjoy a fun-filled and safe holiday weekend.
Backyard Picnic Safety
- Keep foods in a cooler with plenty of ice instead of out in the hot sun.
- Make sure you keep the grill outside and away from the house, deck and tree branches
- When the grill is hot, make sure to keep children and pets away
- Never allow young children to ignite or play with fireworks.
- Make sure the person lighting the fireworks is wearing eye protection
- Light one firework off at a time and never attempt to relight a dud.
- Make sure to keep a supply of water close by for precautionary measures
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry play away from children and pets.
If you are not comfortable lighting off fireworks yourself, take in a public firework show put on by professionals and make sure to stay at least 500 feet away.
If your or a friend is injured by a firework call a doctor immediately or visit your local emergency room.