Duluth Car Accident Attorneys
At Bye, Goff & Rohde, we understand the emotional and financial toll a car accident can have on you and your family.
Our experienced attorneys will fight tirelessly for just compensation for your injuries, helping you move forward with peace of mind. With more than 180 years of combined experience in personal injury law, we know how to navigate complex cases involving motor vehicle collisions and we want to help our clients recover physically, emotionally, and financially following an accident.
We strive to provide personalized attention and compassionate service throughout each step of the process so that you can focus on healing without worrying about paperwork or legal deadlines. Our lawyers are here to guide you through this difficult time and make sure your rights are protected every step of the way.
We want to know how we can help you. Call us at (218) 510-1030 to arrange a free case evaluation.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents are disturbingly common in Wisconsin and the United States. Our great state has the added road hazards of snow and ice for six months out of the year, making safe driving practices all the more essential. Unfortunately, many drivers fail in their responsibility to drive safely or maintain their vehicles, which often leads to tragedy.
The most common causes of car accidents in Wisconsin include the following:
- Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of accidents in Wisconsin. This can consist of texting and driving, using a cell phone, eating or drinking, talking to passengers, or programming a GPS device while operating a vehicle.
- Impaired driving (driving under the influence) is another common cause of car accidents in Wisconsin. There is no excuse for driving under the influence, and, as such, we take these cases very seriously.
- Speeding is yet another factor contributing to car accidents in Wisconsin. Excessive speed reduces a driver’s reaction time and lowers traction between tires and road surfaces, which can lead to loss of control when braking suddenly or taking turns too quickly.
- Failure to obey traffic signals and signs also contributes significantly to motor vehicle collisions in Wisconsin each year. Drivers need to pay attention to stoplights and yield signs to avoid potential road disasters that may be shared with other motorists or pedestrians.
- Inadequate road conditions can also contribute significantly to causing an accident. Poorly designed intersections or unmarked highway construction zones can lead to dangerous situations if not properly addressed by local transportation officials. Additionally, adverse weather such as rain, ice, and snow may increase difficulties in maneuvering vehicles safely around streets or highways affected by these conditions.
- Mechanical failures due to improper maintenance and defective parts can also be attributed to many collisions throughout Wisconsin, especially when brakes fail unexpectedly due to a lack of regular inspection or necessary repairs.
- Aggressive driving behaviors exhibited by some drivers, such as tailgating other cars, often result in impulsive decisions with disastrous outcomes.
We will analyze your accident to pinpoint the cause and corresponding liable parties. If necessary, we can consult with accident reconstructionists to develop a more vivid and accurate idea of the circumstances that led to the accident.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can result in a range of physical, psychological, and financial damages for the victims involved.
Depending on the severity of the accident, common car accident injuries may include the following:
- Whiplash: One of the most common types of car accident injuries. Whiplash comes from sudden and forceful neck movements beyond the normal range. This can cause muscles and ligaments to stretch or tear, resulting in pain and limited mobility.
- Fractures: Broken bones are another common injury. They can range from minor hairline fractures to more severe compound fractures involving multiple bones being broken at once. As with any fracture, there is a risk of infection and further complications if treatment is not sought immediately.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These often result from severe car accidents that involve direct force to the spine, leading to permanent nerve damage or paralysis.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): TBIs are caused by forceful and sudden impacts to the head, in this case, caused by a motor vehicle crash. Symptoms range from minor issues such as headaches or confusion to more severe problems like convulsions, unconsciousness, or permanent impairment of the senses and coordination.
- Burns: A person may incur burns if they are exposed to hazardous materials such as gasoline or oil spills involved in a collision. Friction burns from the deployment of airbags are also possible.
- Internal Organ Damage and Bleeding: Victims can sustain these injuries from objects inside the vehicle being forcefully thrust into someone’s body, resulting in open wounds, internal bleeding, and even organ failure if not treated.
No matter what injuries you sustained in your car accident, our team will work hard to seek a favorable settlement. If we cannot settle, we are prepared to file a lawsuit and take your case to court.
We Want to Know More About You
Our Duluth car accident lawyers at Bye, Goff & Rohde want to remind you that our first priorities are your comfort, health, safety, and dignity. Too many attorneys rush their clients in and out the door, accepting paltry settlements that do not fully cover losses so they can move on to the next case.
Not our team.
We are committed to justice and fighting for fair compensation. You have been through a lot, and we want to know how we can ease your burden following your accident. We are proud to stand up for you and your rights.
We want to know more about you, your situation, and the hardships you have lived through following your accident. To schedule a free consultation, call us at (218) 510-1030 or contact us online today.
How Can an Attorney Help You Recover Damages for Your Injuries?
Our dedicated attorneys are here to help you navigate the complex process of recovering damages for your injuries so you can focus on healing and getting back to life as usual.
With decades of experience handling car accident injury claims, our team can ensure your claim is dealt with quickly and accurately. We will work diligently, fighting to negotiate a fair settlement with insurance companies. If we cannot settle, we will take your case to trial.
Our attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience evaluating car accident cases, from minor fender benders to catastrophic crashes involving severe physical and emotional trauma. Regardless of the type of accident or extent of injuries, our attorneys are equipped to build effective legal strategies tailored to the unique circumstances of each case. We will fight relentlessly to protect your rights in and out of court so you can concentrate on your recovery.
At Bye, Goff & Rohde, we are committed to providing high-quality legal representation for victims injured in car accidents. Our goal is simple: To help you recover just compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and any pain and suffering related to your accident.
"They Took Care of All of the Details"
They took care of all of the details of my complex case allowing my family and I to recover our health without having to worry about all of the insurance companies and hospital bills.- Steve
Who Can Be Found Liable for a Car Accident in Wisconsin?
In Wisconsin, anyone determined to be at fault in a car accident can be held liable for damages resulting from the collision. This includes drivers, parts manufacturers, and government agencies that fail to repair their roads. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, any of these parties may be found negligent.
The most common way to determine liability for a car accident is through investigation and evaluation of evidence, such as witness statements, photographs of the damage, police reports, medical records, and more. We can also work with accident reconstructionists to better understand how and why the accident occurred.
We will examine both vehicles to determine if faulty parts contributed to the accident. If this is the case, we can potentially seek damages from the manufacturer as the responsible party.
At Bye, Goff & Rohde, we have a team of Duluth car accident attorneys well-versed in Wisconsin’s auto negligence laws and can help you seek justice if you were involved in an automobile collision.
What Damages Can I Recover?
The attorneys at Bye, Goff & Rohde are experienced in car accident claims and can help you understand your legal rights and the damages you may be entitled to recover. Depending on your situation, you may be able to recover general damages, special damages, and/or punitive damages.
- General damages refer to any non-monetary losses from an accident, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of quality of life, or loss of consortium.
- Special damages cover any financial losses associated with the accident, such as lost wages, property damage, and/or out-of-pocket expenses for medical bills or costs. These losses are much easier to quantify and will usually require proof in the form of receipts, documented wage statements from employers, or other bills that independent sources can verify.
In some cases where recklessness or intentional misconduct is involved in causing an accident, punitive damages may also be available. Punitive damages are meant to punish offenders for their actions and serve as a deterrent against similar behavior in the future. For punitive damages to be awarded, there must be clear evidence that egregious negligence caused significant injury or wrongful death.
Explore Our Past Successes We Get Results
$6.0 Million Drunk Driving Accident
Bye, Goff & Rohde obtained $6,000,000 on behalf of a client who was injured due to a tavern intoxicating an underage driver.
$2.4 Million Distracted Driving Accident
Bye, Goff & Rohde obtained $2,393,000 on behalf of an adult male who suffered serious injuries (including a brain injury) when he was hit by a truck driver who was texting on a cell phone.
$2.3 Million Spinal Cord Injury
Bye, Goff, & Rohde obtained $2,300,000 on behalf of an adult male who suffered a spinal cord injury in a Dodge vehicle.
$2.17 Million Tractor-Trailer Accident
Bye, Goff, & Rohde obtained $2,167,990 on behalf of an adult male who suffered multiple serious injuries including brain damage in a tractor-trailer accident.
$2.0 Million Burn Injury
Bye, Goff, & Rohde obtained $2,000,000 on behalf of an adult female who suffered severe burns as a result of a defective product.
$1.25 Million Pedestrian Accident
Bye, Goff & Rohde obtained $1,250,000 on behalf of a minor who was struck by a vehicle while on a skateboard.